This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do you roll up nodes displaying in Root group after assigning to sub group?

I've been reading the Admin manual but don't see a way I can stop a Root group with it's nodes from displaying the node even after I've created a subgroup and added the nodes to it.  I have a large root group of servers and am creating subgroups based on location of the server.  What i see is all the nodes in the root group and in their new sub groups.  How can I just see the nodes in the sub groups?  I will add it would be nice to be able to do this without deleting the subgroup nodes from the root group if possible

• Whit,

Would you perhaps be able to send a screenshot of what you're seeing?

• In your node tree window you need to click the edit button and change your grouping level.  You can remove the root group and just have it group by subgroups like you want.

• Trying to paste or add graphic to show...  new on the forum.  Got it!  attached PDF shows example server in sub group via Node management then shows same server displaying from Tab>Groups>parent group.

The parent group shows the sub groups but also displays all the nodes too. I want the groups to roll up the nodes placed in them and not show in the parent group.  Note. I created the Parent Group "Managed Servers" added all the nodes then created the sub groups then added the selected nodes to the sub groups.

thanks

• I believe there are 3 levels you can group it by when you click the edit button.  Right now based on your picture you have

level 1 groups

IDC nFrame Carmel , IN

IND Firewalls

Managed Servers

Level 2 groups as shown

IDC Network

IDC Servers

Denver Servers RAH

IDC Servers

Republic HQ Servers

with a bunch of nodes under level 1 groups

What you want to do is change the Level 1 group category to the level 2 group category and then change level 2 to another sub group if you wish.  I can probably get you a screen shot tomorrow if I am not explaining it very well.

• I'm using Orion 10.4 and from the Admin>Manage Groups>  area I can select the Managed Servers group and edit but there are no settings to change the group level.  So far nowhere have I seen any way to change a group level once created.  If this is something done using SQL tools on the database that's another thing...

On the grouping what I an after is  "All the servers group"  then "Servers in Denver"  " servers in HQ" "servers in Carmel" blah blah blah... sorting for Systems folks.

• group sort.bmp

This is what I was refering to click edit which is circled in red and then you get the level sorts.

• the view works a charm, i just need to extract that view into a sql report? anyone got a report that shows root level groups, then sub groups under each level etc

• SELECT

Containers_AlertsAndReportsData.GroupName AS Group_Name, Containers_AlertsAndReportsData.GroupMemberName AS Group_Member_Name

FROM

Containers_AlertsAndReportsData