Have you tried using the field variables? Including them in the email should display the content in that field. Here is an example of some I have found:
- <ticket_id> = Ticket number
- <request_type> = Request Type
- <status_type> = Status Type
- <priority_type> = Priority Type
- <client> = Client's full name
- <client_short> = Client's first initial and last name
- <client_phone> = Client's primary phone
- <client_email> = Client's primary e-mail
- <assigned_to> = Party responsible for Ticket (Tech, Tech Group, or manager)
- <assigned_to_short> = Short form of <assigned_to> (uses initials for first names)
- <tech> = Tech's full name
- <tech_short> = Tech's first initial and last name
- <tech_phone> = Tech's primary phone
- <tech_email> = Tech's primary e-mail
- <room> = Room
- <location> = Location
- <model> = Model number
- <subject> = Subject
- <report> = Report
- <due_datetime> = Date & time Ticket is due
- <scheduled_datetime> = Date & time Ticket is scheduled to be worked on
- <work_datetime> = The same as <scheduled_datetime> (backward compatibility)
- <work_time> = Work time recorded in Ticket Tech Notes
- <custom_1> = 1st custom field
- <custom_2> = 2nd custom field
- <custom_n> = nth custom field
Can you give an example of the syntax used? I've tried a couple different ways of passing the variables and they don't seem to work.
Say for example you wanted the client and request type in the email you could add the following to the template:
Client - <client>
Request Type - <request_type>
I just tested this and it works. The list I provided is not complete. I've asked SW int he past for a complete list of tags and have been told there isn't one they could provide.
Thank you for your reply and sorry for my ignorance! Are you talking about the Templates under the E-Mail section? When I look at these, they look like response emails under Outgoing and Incoming. And I can only add new ones under the Outgoing, there is no new button under incoming. Thank you so much for your help!
Yes I have no idea how to use custom templates. What I was referring to Action Rules which is in the Processes section of Setup. You can set up an action of email on a rule and thats where you would add the variables I mentioned before. Going back to Templates for a second, you can add them there as well but I have no idea what to do with them after that. What we really need is to be able to set up Templates and then point action rules to them.
Would it be possible to see a screenshot of how you are using the variables....I think I am missing something here!