This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poller with Custom Property Report

undp
Alright all of you SQL Report Gurus, I have a query I want to put together.

I have created a Universal Device Poller for ifInErrors OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14 and use the counter value with Time Frame in Seconds.

This produces a rate of increase for interface errors per second.

ifInErrors UnDP.png

I have an alert based on this UnDP, if any ifInErrors are > 0 then send an alert. I also have a custom interface property for "Critical Interfaces". How do I create a report/alert which will constrain the results of the IfInErrors > 0 by the Critical Interfaces Custom Interface Property?

Here is the query I use to pull the ifInErrors > 0:

SELECT
Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,
Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,
Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,
Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type,
CustomPollerLabels.Label,
CustomPollerStatus.Status

FROM
Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers

WHERE
Nodes.NodeID = CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID
AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerLabels.CustomPollerAssignmentID
AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID
AND CustomPollerStatus.RowID = CustomPollerlabels.RowID AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID
AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ifInErrors' AND CustomPollerStatus.Status >0

ORDER BY
Nodes.Caption,
Nodes.NodeID,
Nodes.VendorIcon,
Nodes.IP_Address,
Nodes.MachineType,

I ultimately need to constrain these results to only interfaces withe the custom property "Critical_Interface".

PLEASE HELP

• Ok so I made a change and I streamed down the list but I have a bunch of duplicates now:

SELECT
    Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,
    Interfaces.Critical_Interface,

FROM
    Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers, Interfaces

WHERE
    AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerLabels.CustomPollerAssignmentID
    AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID
    AND CustomPollerStatus.RowID = CustomPollerlabels.RowID AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID AND Interfaces.InterfaceName = CustomPollerLabels.Label
    AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ifInErrors' AND CustomPollerStatus.Status >0 AND Interfaces.Critical_Interface =1

ORDER BY
    Nodes.Caption,
    Nodes.NodeID,
    Nodes.VendorIcon,
    Nodes.IP_Address,
    Nodes.MachineType,

• With a simple DISTINCT I eliminated duplicates. This is what I finally got:

SELECT DISTINCT
    Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,
    Interfaces.Critical_Interface,

FROM
    Nodes, CustomPollerStatus, CustomPollerLabels, CustomPollerAssignment, CustomPollers, Interfaces

WHERE
    AND CustomPollerStatus.RowID = CustomPollerlabels.RowID AND CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID AND Interfaces.InterfaceName = CustomPollerLabels.Label
    AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'ifInErrors' AND CustomPollerStatus.Status >0 AND Interfaces.Critical_Interface =1

ORDER BY
    Nodes.Caption,
    Nodes.NodeID,
    Nodes.VendorIcon,
    Nodes.IP_Address,
    Nodes.MachineType,

• How do I get the query to Alert in Alert Manager?