This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM SDK ?

How do I access the LEM database using a 3rd party tool ? I would like to read table records from the raw database for ad-hoc queries, and display results in a customized format.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi coreys,

Currently there isn't a way to expose LEM data (config or events) via API. Our database requires a little extra "magic" to query the right areas of the database.

You CAN use nDepth to search and export results into CSV, then do whatever you want with them in terms of re-rendering the data. Or, run reports and have them export to XLS and do something similar.

• Hey Nicole

I just wanted to check and confirm that it's still true that LEM doesn't have any form of SDK or API that can be used to expose data?  I understand why it wouldn't with it being a "secure" system; however, we are trying to find a way to expose the data in a multi-tenancy environment and this would be our 2nd best option since the appliance doesn't have native multi-tenancy support.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to byrona

Correct - we're looking into exposing LEM data via SWIS similar to other SolarWinds products, but it's not in our immediate roadmap or something we're committing to just yet.(I didn't find a feature request for this either, but we are tracking it internally. Usually it's for exposing LEM to an external system, or for reporting/querying in a custom system.)

• Ok, thanks for getting back to me on that!