this is known issue, which we track under number 193354 and we will look at in future releases. I added your details to this issues record.
We are having the same issue here.
Please add us to the issues record as well.
I asked support about this again and was told the following. However the technet article referenced below specifically refers to SCCM 2007 and not SCCM 2012.
"To collect installed software we use SCCM database view v_GS_SoftwareProduct as it is described in Microsoft documentation: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd334561.aspx.
The view is defines as
SELECT ClientId As 'ResourceID', ProductId As 'ProductID',
and view vSMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct is defined as
select distinct sp.NewProductId
as ProductId, sp.CompanyName,
sp.ProductVersion, sp.ProductLanguage, si.ClientId
from SoftwareProductMap as sp
inner JOIN SoftwareInventory as
si on sp.OldProductId = si.ProductId
The problem is that customer database contain in table SoftwareProductMap only Microsoft Office Outlook. But this table should contain hundreds of various software.
I would recommend to check Microsoft SCCM documentation or some expert in this area for information why the table is almost empty and how to configure SCCM to fill it in or meybe if customer can get these information from other table/view and redefine v_GS_SoftwareProduct view"
I'm not sure what the exact issue you were having was, but it appears that SCCM 2012 R2 is now working correctly with WHD.