1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2013 11:14 PM by adambudwill

IPAM 3.1 - any way of deleting the data and starting from scratch?

Goliath

Hi all -

We've had IPAM installed fro a few versions now, and unfortunately it's got fairly confused due to the fact we run split-scope DHCP services from our Windows DHCP servers (when we first installed it the split-scope support wasn't present so the vlans etc were just picked up from our core switches). Is there any straightforward way to delete the data that IPAM holds and start again?

Regards,

JohnDHCP

• Re: IPAM 3.1 - any way of deleting the data and starting from scratch?
          adambudwill

I haven't tried it, but would you be able to try uninstalling and re-installing IPAM possibly do it? Otherwise, maybe look through the IPAM_xxxxxx tables in the database and see which ones contain all relevant data and start truncating them. I forget the exact table names but I know similar to IPAM_Nodes and IPAM_Groups carry the individual IP and subnet data respectively, other tables probably carry more info you may need to truncate.

Truncate at your own risk! Backup that database before trying it. If possible, backup your database and then try it out on a test VM so you can see if it works or not.