This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bandwidth resources

I was wondering i am trying to get a graph how much bandwidth we use and was wondering am i just overlooking it. what is the resource name it has in the customize page?

• Assuming per interface, it depends on what specifics you are looking for.  If I have a 100meg link I don't usually like to know only how much data *right now* is filling up that interface.  I want to know %used, Bytes/sec, and packets/sec, and I want to know both directions and averages.

So for bandwidth I use a custom tab at the interface level with:

Percent Utilization(step)

Average bits per sec(step)

Min/max/average bps in/out

Average packets per sec

Total bytes transferred

Total packets transferred

All that because a full pipe *to me* is never just full, because I am the one who has to fix it or diagnose it or otherwise address the issue.  However if I am serving up a view for a manager or supervisor that requires bandwidth I usually use the "Percent Utilization(step)" and I add the trend.

Sorry that's kind of a long answer, its just I've never found it just as simple as "how much bandwidth am i using".  Everyone has their own methods and reasons for them.

• thanks this helps out a lot i will put all this together and try to get these guys to tell me exactly what they want.