4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 8:24 AM by PavelSuchy

Cisco UCS Setup

t0dd

Looking at the Cisco UCS integration online I cant seem to replicate it. I also cant see the 2 Fiberswitches off of it. I scanned the network they resided in. They came up unknown so I went and edited the node manually.

Status Only: ICMP

Checked Poll for UCS

port 443

USE HTTPS

I can test and it shows up hit submit. But when I view vital stats or overview is shows up just like a switch. It shows Switch-A and Switch-B for interconnects but everything is N/A.  Did I miss a setting for getting the whole UCS up and running?vmware

• Re: Cisco UCS Setup
          adambudwill

Can you try configuring your UCS to also use SNMP? An ICMP check will only give you ping up/down and cannot gather any further information. Any further info I think (even if you provide UCS credentials) would still require SNMP as a jumping off point for it to begin gathering further data.

PavelSuchy

Hi T0dd,

to be able see details about switch you need to add the node to NPM as well. Just click on the name and you should be asked to monitor the switch in NPM. If there are any other missing information like chassis & blades then it will need more investigation. Adding UCS via ICMP should be enough because UCS details are polled via UCS API.

Thanks,

Pavel

t0dd

It was added as a node first. So I went back and edited the node and put the UCS creds in which it took. However its not pulling all the info in. It seems like it just sees it as a generic switch with simple up and down nothing else. I cant really find a step by step on how it is setup.

PavelSuchy

t0dd,

so you monitored a node and then in edit node checked Poll for UCS, added credentials and submited, right? When you see the edit node page, is the Poll for UCS still checked? Can you try following query in your DB to see if the node has UCS poller assgined?

select * from dbo.pollers where netobjectid=XXX  where XXX is NodeID of the UCS node. You should see UCS poller under PollerType column, If not then the node is not recognized as UCS and the UCS data are not polled.

Cheers,

Pavel