This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issues creating new object in Web Help Desk and SQL with a duplicate key

There was a problem adding the client com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOGeneralAdaptorException: EvaluateExpression failed: : Next exception:SQL State:23000 -- error code: 2627 -- msg: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__CLIENT__xxxxxxxxxxx'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.CLIENT'.

Does it pull the index using a function from SQL Server, or does the Web Help Desk app keep an index somewhere that I can reset?  SQL server doesn't appear to have any column set to Identity that I could locate.

Thanks in advance.

• hi,

we have the same behavior while trying to import PO from an excel file.

i can't find in the sql server db any duplicated key.

our message is the following one:

com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOGeneralAdaptorException: EvaluateExpression failed: : Next exception:SQL State:23000 -- error code: 547 -- msg: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "PO_ITEM_purchaseorder_FK". The conflict occurred in database "WebHelpDesk", table "dbo.PURCHASE_ORDER", column 'PURCHASE_ORDER_ID'.

is there any solution for this ?

Cheers