7 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2013 5:48 PM by typhoon87

Locations suddenly ending with [I]

zantekfd

whd.png

As you can see from the image above, some of my locations mysteriously started appearing with [I] at the end of it. When I go into the location itself, as you'll see below, there is no [I].

whd1.PNG

This is a problem because we use the TSV exported ticket query for our weekly automated billing system. The locations tie into SAP categories that are setup, any of the customers that have a location of [I] won't get billed because the category in SAP doesn't have that and adding [I] to our SAP categories isn't a solution that will work.

Please assist, thanks!

• Re: Locations suddenly ending with [I]
          typhoon87

It means the location is marked as inactive. Setup --> Location & Departments --> choose the location look for the line labeled inactive. It is says yes that will cause the ! to appear at the end of its name.

To reenable click the pencil for edit and then go to inactive and uncheck the box.

zantekfd

Ok, this makes sense to me now, but also poses a question. How can I stop locations from being flagged inactive? Sadly, whatever is setting this to "Inactive" is picking all the locations that I use on a regular basis hahahahhhhhhh.

typhoon87

I am not aware of any automated way to change that check box and save it. I would think someone who has the Location Edit permission is changing this setting for whatever reason.

If you go check the tech permissions Setup --> Techs --> Tech Permissions --> {Tech Group}

Under other permissions Location Edit

Edit Locations
                       If checked, the "Locations & Rooms" and "Location Groups" sections under Setup > Locations & Departments will be revealed to the      Tech, enabling him or her to edit Locations and view Location Groups. (Only Admins can edit Location Groups.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      zantekfd

Strange, the guy with the account who has access to this is... Me And until you pointed out the checkbox, I had completely ignored that. The strange thing is it started with 1 or 2 locations, no big deal. Now it's on approx 60 locations... I'll go through and remove the check on them all but I think there's more to this than just me going in and setting this flag on 60 locations and forgetting that I did it....