This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Locations suddenly ending with [I]

whd.png

As you can see from the image above, some of my locations mysteriously started appearing with [I] at the end of it. When I go into the location itself, as you'll see below, there is no [I].

whd1.PNG

This is a problem because we use the TSV exported ticket query for our weekly automated billing system. The locations tie into SAP categories that are setup, any of the customers that have a location of [I] won't get billed because the category in SAP doesn't have that and adding [I] to our SAP categories isn't a solution that will work.

Please assist, thanks!

• It means the location is marked as inactive. Setup --> Location & Departments --> choose the location look for the line labeled inactive. It is says yes that will cause the ! to appear at the end of its name.

To reenable click the pencil for edit and then go to inactive and uncheck the box.

• Ok, this makes sense to me now, but also poses a question. How can I stop locations from being flagged inactive? Sadly, whatever is setting this to "Inactive" is picking all the locations that I use on a regular basis hahahahhhhhhh.

• I am not aware of any automated way to change that check box and save it. I would think someone who has the Location Edit permission is changing this setting for whatever reason.

If you go check the tech permissions Setup --> Techs --> Tech Permissions --> {Tech Group}

Under other permissions Location Edit

Edit Locations
         If checked, the "Locations & Rooms" and "Location Groups" sections under Setup > Locations & Departments will be revealed to the      Tech, enabling him or her to edit Locations and view Location Groups. (Only Admins can edit Location Groups.)

• Strange, the guy with the account who has access to this is... Me emoticons_happy.png And until you pointed out the checkbox, I had completely ignored that. The strange thing is it started with 1 or 2 locations, no big deal. Now it's on approx 60 locations... I'll go through and remove the check on them all but I think there's more to this than just me going in and setting this flag on 60 locations and forgetting that I did it....

• That is very strange, I would think you would remember that much clicking and saving if you are the only one with access to this system. Are you using a recent build? Currently 11.2.1 is the current stable and V12 was just released in RC stage this week. Perhaps you are hitting some strange bug.

If you are running a recent build I would say a support case may be your best course of action.

• Still running 11.2.1, I was going to investigate the V12 upgrade this weekend and plan my upgrade accordingly. Not really a big deal overall, I just corrected it through the db itself. I'll keep an eye on this though, now that I know what causes the [I] to appear, hopefully i can now figure out how or who is clicking that check box.

• Glad you have it worked out and good luck figuring why its happening.