This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion SDK does not provoke Auditing Events?

I'm working on a perl library that will, among other things, slurp a family of Custom Properties out of our CRM and into SolarWinds NPM Nodes.  I'm noticing that when I use the web interface to manually edit a Custom Property, an Auditing Event appears in the Node Summary widget we have defined for 'Last 5 Audit Events', which selects from all possible event types related to the node.  When I run my perl script to edit these same Custom Properties, no Audit Events appear.

From playing in the Message Center, I find that if I do a search for events generated by my own username (using %jlellis% rather than the *jlelllis* I expected) then I do get my own events for actions performed through the web gui.  If I do the same search for actions taken by the account I created specifically for use by perl scripts, I get zippo.  It appears that nothing done through the perl SDK is being tracked by the Auditing system.

My assumption is that SWIS and/or the SDK has not been updated to automatically create the Auditing Events new in 10.4.  For security purposes, I would expect that something beyond the SDK would be responsible for tracking these events.  Are there plans to ensure SWIS/SDK operations are also generating appropriate Auditing Events without us having to generate them in our own code?

This seems like an Auditing hole big enough to drive a semi through.  I could write a script to destroy our tables and there would be nothing tracking it.  Tsk.