3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 2:05 PM by SteveSW

Traceroute SNMP Missing?

MNPS_G

All,

We've used the Engineer's Toolset here for many years, and have always appreciated the SNMP discovery in the traceroute tool.  I recently re-imaged my machine, which required a fresh install of the toolset.  I downloaded the latest version, but it looks like the SNMP portion of the traceroute tool has been removed.  The description still mentions SNMP in it, but I don't see anywhere to select credentials in the tool.  Has anyone else run into this, and is this expected, or am I missing something obvious because it's Friday and my brain is fried?

Thanks,

Geoffrey

• Re: Traceroute SNMP Missing?
          rsvelavan

Hello Geoffrey

Sorry for the inconvenience the current TraceRoute tools doesn't have SNMP option.

The deprecated Trace Route is still being installed with Toolset, but it is not in the start menu anymore. You can find the executable in the installation folder and it's named as Deprecated_TRACEROUTE.exe.

Thanks

Senthil

MNPS_G

Senthil,

Do you know why the current/new Traceroute doesn't have the SNMP option?  It seems like a step backwards to me, so I'm curious what the thinking/reasoning is on that.  Thanks for leeting me know where the deprecated version is.

Thanks,

Geoffrey

SteveSW

Geoffrey,

It is simply a matter of resource prioritization. We had always intended to add the SNMP functionality from the original tool into the updated version but chose to prioirtize other things higher at the time. That functionality is still on our road map. We have no plans to remove the deprecated version of the tool until that feature is implemented in the new version of the tool.

--HTH

Steve