This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can't Add Nodes in the way the doc describes

is experiencing the following issue:

I've just picked up an instance of LEM created by somone else and I have problem.

I'm trying to add Nodes as per the manual/video tutorial - "click the add node button in the Node Health widget"

Select OP manager dashboard and there is no Node health widget ....

Any ideas??

Can someone lend a hand?

(original comment here: )

Thanks,

Michael

• If you are adding windows machines it's as simple as installing the agent on the machine. During the installation you enter the manager's name and at installation completion the agent will reach out to the manager and add itself.

I haven't done much with syslog nodes yet but I'm pretty sure for those you just point the syslog events to the manager then the manager adds it when it sees the events coming through.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

For paulh, my guess is:

1. You're not running the current version. The "Node Health" widget was added in v5.5. emoticons_happy.png To find that out, you can click on the logo in the top left and it'll pop up an "About" dialog, or you can go to Manage>Appliances and see what version your Appliance is reporting.
    2. You are running the current version, but your dashboard doesn't have that widget. You can add it if you go to Ops Center, then click Widget Manager, and in Additional Widgets navigate to Node Health and either drag it in or click "Add to Dashboard".

You can also access this same button if you go to Manage > Nodes. If you don't have the button there, you're definitely not on the current version. It's not required to add nodes to the system, but we made the process a lot more streamlined and added some other useful features.

That process helps you the most with the syslog nodes - if it's Windows, Unix, etc, it will tell you to install the agent - like described above.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks very much for your response - spot on.

It appears this version is 5.4 so does not have the Node Health widget.

V5.4 software and V5.5 documentation emoticons_confused.png

Thanks again.