This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HTTPS Issue

Not sure if something has broken in SAM at some point... I am using the 2007/2010 OWA monitor in SAM 5.2.0 SP1 and am seeing the monitor in an unknown state with the reason;

Unexpected error occurred. Failed to deserialize probe settings, probe skipped. Original Exception message is: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel..

If I turn on debugging I see an entry stating:

2013-04-21 13:08:49,845 [STP Pool:752 Thread #0] [C3386] ERROR SolarWinds.APM.Probes.ProbeBase`1 - Failed to deserialize probe settings.

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

However, the application template is set to ignore CA and CN errors!

Is this affecting anyone else, is it something that has been fixed in a later release, or do I need to raise this as an "undocumented feature"?

• Hello,

This is known bug introduced in SAM 5.2 SP1 that HTTPS Login Form monitor doesn't ignore CA and CN errors. Unfortunately the latest version of SAM 5.5 still contains this bug because we found it recently. This will be fixed in the future SAM release.

Thanks,

Lukas Belza (SolarWinds development)

• As referenced in the following Thread, have you tried changing the script ServerCertificateValidationCallback setting to true? "[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::ServerCertificateValidationCallback = {$true}"