This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Pop up window on a user's PC showing their new PC?

I'd like to be able to open a window on a user's current PC that shows them the screen of their new PC, so that they can log in to it without me obtaining their password. Currently that's possible (and we're doing it) with VNC, but it would be nice to be able to retire VNC totally and use Dameware for this process.

Is that possible to do with Damware?

• If their present machine had the DameWare console installed on it, it would be possible If they had the ability to view / control your screen, and you were remotely connected to the new machine in another window, would that work for you as well?

• These are end-user machines; none of them have Dameware console installed on it. If they did have Dameware they could just connect from their present machine to the new PC directly.

I'm seeking a way to circumnavigate me, as the PC tech, asking the end-user for their password in order to fully set up their new PC. As I said, we currently use VNC to do it but I would like to investigate ways to take VNC off the boxes entirely.

• Just RDP to it as usual, then run:

tscon %sessionname% /dest:console

That will disconnect the RDP session and show the user's session on the physical console. I've done this before, when when pre-profiling laptops for remote users.