This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring physically HPProliant servers, snmp

Hi guys.

First, we have NPM.

We are installing some centos, redhat and debian in proliants DL servers gen8 and  gen7..

I have configured net-snmp in the OS and can monitor basic stuff like memory, cpus, disk space...

But I would like to monitor physically the server, like fans, power supply, HDD..

I know there is a hp-snmp-agent for hp and redhat.. but I think this could get in conflict with the net-snmp already installed, right? does this hp-snmp allow me to monitor what I want?

in the other hand, debian 6.0.7 is not supported in the dl160g8 series.

so how could I monitor these servers?

thanks

• We have some of our linux installs working now.

• good to know.

how did you do that of monitoring fans, cpu, power supply, memory slot? I am not running SAM.

• Without SAM, you would have to use custom pollers. Not as clean but doable. We've been using that method for a few years now.

As far as whats needed on the linux systems, you need the hp agents installed and don't hold me to this because I just know enough linux to be dangerous. This is what I have in my notes from one of linux builds....Please verify this though. I'm still working on getting all of my linux hardware in there.

Need the following RPM packages:

compat-32bit-9-200407011229.x86_64.rpm

hp-health-8.2.0-283.sles9.x86_64.rpm

hp-smh-templates-8.2.5-41.sles9.noarch.rpm

hp-snmp-agents-8.2.0-284.sles9.x86_64.rpm

hpacucli-8.0-14.noarch.rpm

hpsmh-7.0.0-24.sles9.x86_64.rpm

liblcms-32bit-9-200407011229.x86_64.rpm

• Be sure to pick the right packages for the right version of Linux and its architecture!

Copy the packages to the /root directory on the server.

Ballzo in Sacramento