1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 3:22 PM by rtriebwasser

SNMP stops responding/service restart

klc2009

I have read numerous posts about how SNMP stops responding on some devices, particularly Windows, without warning and with no notification.

I am trying to write an alert that will restart the SNMP service when an interface status becomes "unknown", which is the only way I can tell that this has happened. However, the method for writing this alert has me confused.  I am monitoring the SNMP service but it doesn't go down, so I can't trigger the alert using that criteria.  However, I am unable to figure out how to add an action that performs a restart from an alert that is based on an interface status.

I have another alert that restarts a service and it works great.  But it is dependent on the service stopping, then it executes this script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\APMServiceControl.exe ${ComponentID} -c=RESTART

But since I'm not actually triggering based on the component status, I am unsure how to plug in the ComponentID upon alert trigger so that the correct component is restarted.

Any ideas?

TIA,

kcl2009