This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

High CPU while at logon screen?

I'm not sure how this is using Adobe AIR, but when I open IE9 and simply go to the LEM web logon screen, my CPU spikes and consistently stays from 65% - 95% pegged. This is running the VM LEM and a VM workstation. Why would this be happening?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Interesting. Does it go back to normal after you're logged in?

• Briefly. I notice that if I leave the AIR LEM console open, not only does it cause my workstation CPU to remain high, but the LEM VM is high as well. For example, last night I left the AIR console open overnight. The LEM VM itself ran at around 60% - 70% CPU from the time I opened it until the time I closed the console this morning. Why would it do this?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to ttl

One possibility, the dashboard widgets on Ops Center that run queries (the Health and Top 10 widgets) will start querying as soon as you log in and continue to refresh on their pre-defined intervals. You could try increasing the interval so that they query less often in case that's related; they will still query on first login to draw the baseline, but then they won't query again until the next interval. If it's something that you've noticed has gotten worse or just started with the latest version, this could be it.

The other possibility is event load. If your console is on a filter that is screaming by pretty quickly, it will consume more CPU. Shouldn't necessarily correlate to CPU on the backend, though, except that as soon as you log in it does stream you a copy of events. If you're only interested in seeing certain types of events on your console you could filter out a bunch of stuff from even being sent to your console in the first place, but it does limit your view.