This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need LEM agent UNinstaller

Where can I get the manual uninstaller for the LEM agent? It does no good to tell me to get it from the customer portal because I was just evaluating the software.

Would be nice if you would make the uninstall work under Add / Remove Programs like any other decent program out there.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The remote agent installer is supposed to place an entry in Add/Remove programs when installing. What version of Windows did you install to?

There is also a Remote Agent UnInstaller that you can download and use to remove from remote agents, if Add/Remove's not working.

Lastly, you can install the local agent, which will definitely create an Add/Remove entry, and subsequently remove it. Kind of a bunch of extra steps there, but it'd work.

• Could you tell me where I can download this "Remote Agent UnInstaller" because I can't find it anywhere. I am also evaluating LEM and can't uninstall my agents.

The Remote Agent Installer only puts the SolarWinds Windows Log Forwarder in the Add / Remove Programs. However, it does NOT place entries for the remaining 2 services (Log and Event Manager Agent and Log and Event Manager USB Defender).

So now I have a large portion of my domain with 2 Solarwinds services that I need to somehow remove. I'm very frustrated with the lack of support that SolarWinds provides to customers who are trying to evaluate their products.

• Just for anyone else who runs into this, I created an uninstall batch file that I placed as a startup script using Group Policy. The script uninstalls the agent service and the usb defender service and deletes the files from the system.

It DOES NOT touch the registry so there may be some remnants left there. That shouldn't be an issue though since the programs that would access those keys are removed.

I use this methodology to globally uninstall software that doesn't support centralized removal.

Here is the script for anyone who may need it:

REM Set temporary folder to store log file in
    set tempFolder=c:\temp

REM If log file exists, then the uninstall should already be complete and we can skip it
    if exist "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt" Goto END

REM Make the folder if it doesn't exist, othewise move on to the UNINSTALL section
    if exist %tempfolder% Goto UNINSTALL
    mkdir %tempfolder%

:UNINSTALL

REM Stop LEM services
    sc stop Contego_Spop >> "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt"
    sc stop USB-Defender >> "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt"

REM Delete LEM services
    sc delete Contego_Spop >> "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt"
    sc delete USB-Defender >> "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt"

REM Delete LEM Folders
    rmdir /S /Q "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ContegoSPOP" >> "%tempfolder%\LEM-Agent-Uninstall.txt"

:END

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi,

Customers can find the download link in their customer portal. If you are evaluating, it is not publicly available from the SolarWinds site, but below is the link for your convenience.

http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/LEM/SolarWinds-LEM-v6.0.1-WindowsRemoteAgentUninstaller.zip

If you need to obtain pre-sales support, you should be able to obtain this directly from SolarWinds by telephone, or if you are in communications with a reseller, contact them for support.

• That worked great for me but having over 100 systems it is taking awhile to remove but as long as I don't have to restart said boxes I'll be OK with that.