This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Activate or Deactivate DHCP scope ?

I can't seem to see if there is any way through IPAM to activate or deactivate a dhcp scope.  Am I missing something ?

• Hi, in IPAM you can create, modify or delete zone. There is currently no specific DHCP scope option for deactivation/activation of DHCP zone. Could you please elaborate more on the use case for this?

thanks,

Michal

• Certainly - I'm in the middle of setting up some scopes on dhcp that I don't necessarily want to be active right away for testing purposes or other reasons. - by default solarwinds is activating the scope. I have to go into dhcp mgmt in MS server admin tools to disable it, which defeats the purpose of using SW for managing this.

I think Solarwinds should prompt you, just as MS does, after creating the scope, to activate the scope or not...

==================

Chad Smith

IT Manager, SolidFire Inc.

e: chad.smith@solidfire.com

o: 720.514.9484

Advancing the way the world uses the cloudTm