This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I check for " in a registry value?

In a recent security audit we had several findings on the workstations involving services that did not have double quotes around the path. IOW, c:\program files\program\executable instead of "c:\program files\program\executable".

I have the registry files built and test for all of these but I am having trouble with the package definition. When I crate the Installed Rule and include the double quotes I get an error stating C is an unknown token. If I put the value as defined in the registry file ("\"C:\\program files\\program\\executable\"") I get the same message but for the character \.

I thought of adding a second value to indicate it had been installed but I need to have this be more than a one time fix - if the program path registry value gets updated with no quotes I need to set it back to quotes.

HELP!