8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 1:22 PM by chris.jones

Alert Central 1.0.0 - BUG: Not processing email correctly.

daniel.keery

After installing Alert Central and passing the initial validation I noticed that AC kept throwing errors about being able to contact the person(s) in the on call group(s). After some reading this seems to be caused by email validation. AC sends the email, a user replies with the default content, and then nothing happens. If I login through webmail to the email account, AC is detecting and grabbing the email, so I assume the failure is happening on processing. Not only is validation not working, but when I configure an E-Mail source with the most simple routing rules such as "if email = my_email then assign to group Systems." It doesn't assign. Our email solution uses exchange, exposing POP to us for non-ms clients.  How do I fix this to get the system running correctly?

We would really like to use this product in our environment to integrate with the other Orion products that we have already purchased. I know this is a "free" product at the moment, but what kind of support can we expect from Solarwinds regarding this product? What kind of bug fix timelines can we expect with this product? I would be wary to put this any further in our environment without some kind of commitment from SolarWinds.

-DK

• Re: Alert Central 1.0.0 - BUG: Not processing email correctly.
          kjette

I am having the same issue and have previously posted with no response.  We just purchased Web Help Desk but the on call alerting is lacking so AC was released just in time.  Unfortunately it useless since it won't process and send alerts.  At this point I'm stuck trying to integrate it with the platform I'm replacing simply for the on call processes (I've tried to re validate my email a million times).  I emailed support and was told that since it was a free product there was no support and to try the forums but had no luck here either.  Hopefully theres an engineer reading this that can help.  Bringing my old solution over for just on call alerting is not ideal since I won't have maintenance so if I can't get this worked out I'll have to re-evaluate my decision on Web Help Desk. 

• Re: Alert Central 1.0.0 - BUG: Not processing email correctly.
            chris.jones

Daniel Keery wrote:

We would really like to use this product in our environment to integrate with the other Orion products that we have already purchased. I know this is a "free" product at the moment, but what kind of support can we expect from Solarwinds regarding this product? What kind of bug fix timelines can we expect with this product? I would be wary to put this any further in our environment without some kind of commitment from SolarWinds.

The only support that AC has is through Thwack.  Solarwinds' Customer Support is not involved in supporting AC.  The only people supporting the product are: QA, Dev, and Product Management.

We don't have a timeline for the bug fixes just yet but are working on a service release.  ETA?  not sure yet.