This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Server Model, Serial, and Manufacturer

I am interested in collecting the Manufacturer, Model, and Serial number information for servers in our environment. We mostly have Dell, IBM and a few HPs. I can typically get at this data via WMI via the following classes:

Manufacturer & Model - Win32_BIOS

Service Tag/Serial Number:  WIN32_ComputerSystem (IBM) or WIN32_BIOS (HP & Dell)

What I'd like to do is store these values in the nodes table in a custom property so that I can use them in reports. I've read some posts on here about folks using UnDP but I do not believe I am able to include these in reports. This also requires that the management software be installed. One of the reports I'm trying to generate is to tell me what systems I need to install the management software on. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Any help or idea would be greatly appreciated.