3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 3:41 AM by Peter Krutý

FTP-Voyager in command line mode.

standegroff

Hi,

Got FTP-Voyager to work great in command mode using a batch file to initiate file sync to my server from industrial robots to back them up.  Was working great as far as doing the job closing out starting another instance and going to the next robot.

New problem.....

It no longer closes out at the end of the sync.  What option did I change that keeps FTP-Voyager from closing ?  I am using "autoquit=1" in the command line.

Thanks

Stan

• Re: FTP-Voyager in command line mode.
          Peter Krutý

Hi Stan,

can you please share the whole command line you are using to sync folders?

Thanks,

Peter

standegroff

Peter,

Thanks for getting back.

Here's what I found since.

(1) When I open up a empty folder, FTP-Voyager transfers file to computer from robot, closes out and batch file continues.

(2) When I open an existing folder with robot files in it to be updated / sync'ed to the robot, the program will not close out.  I think the FTP server on the Fanuc robot does not recognize some of the commands may be the reason.  I see from the log some are "not recognized".

(3) Here is the command line :

"c:\program files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTP Voyager.exe" profile=%SITE% autosync=1 syncoption=1 local="%CELLPATH%\%SITE%\%BKUPDATECODE% autoquit=1

%SITE%= the SETLOCAL variable site name as imported into Voyager

%CELLPATH%= local variable used for each robot to define the path to the cell data

%BKUPDATECODE%=local variable to determine the new or existing folder to store bakup in.

Total path name to store data in is  "%CELLPATH%\%SITE%\BKUPDATECODE%"

Stan

Peter Krutý

Stan,

When it refuses to auto close, is the sync operation performing any actual transfers?  If not, that’s probably the reason due to the way the autoquit command-line operation was implemented.

It’s also worth noting that there are certain circumstances where FTP Voyager won’t automatically exit when invoked from the command-line.  Namely, this would be if there’s a connection error or something of that sort.  FTP Voyager remains open so the log pane can be reviewed.

Peter