I have same errors, /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net keep getting permission errors, only DNS added somehow. Can I get root password from sw so we can manual config netowrking?
We got the same error here. Any news on this issue? Any solution?
This is how I fixed mine (without DHCP):
1. Reset the root password: http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ResetRootPassword
2. Manually configure the network interface:
4. /etc/init.d/network restart
We will be offering a way to set the ipaddress, gateway, etc. with the first Service Release of Alert Central.
Questions for all of you on this thread.
1. Do you have IPv6 enabled in your network?
2. If so, do you have DHCP setup to support IPv6?
My workaround was to use DHCP so we can continue the configurations, then, switch back to use static IP.
I had to set up an IP pool in ESXi with only the static ip i originally configured in the pool, along with netmask, gateway and DNS. This allowed the VM to boot the first time with no issue.