2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2013 9:05 AM by jap786

how to add Cisco IPS 4240 in catTools 3.9.0

jap786

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the product. The objective was to take the scheduled backups for all the cisco devices. It's all working fine - however, there two things for which I would require a little bit of help:

1. How to add Cisco IPS 4240 devices. I tried following the same procedure and selected Cisco Firewall IDS from device type - Model doesn't have 4240 in the list. When I run the schedule it gets stuck and BUSY flashes constantly.
      2. How can the schedule create seperate folders for every day backups?

• Re: how to add Cisco IPS 4240 in catTools 3.9.0
          subbu.solarwinds

Hi

1.You can add the Cisco IPS 4240 devices by using the Add Device wizard in the Devices Type   by selecting the device type as "Generic.Device" and choose the model type as "other"  then add the device.

Then run the activity Device.Backup.Running Config from the Activities wizard.

2.After running the schedule backups for every  devices, Cat tools by default has  a separate folder  /cattools3/Dated Configs to maintain the history of config files created with Date wise.It will be helpful to the user

to view the daily backups created.

Can you please try the above steps and get back to me with the results.

Regards

subbu

• Re: how to add Cisco IPS 4240 in catTools 3.9.0
              jap786

Hi Subbu,Excellent support - thank you for your quick response.Problem number 2 resolved - it was my mistake. I moved the folders to another drive but forgot to create the subfolder name 'Dated Configs'. Hopefully, it's going to work fine tonight. Problem 1 is however still there. I have waited for almost 5 minutes but the 'BUSY' msg keep flashing in the task bar. (snapshot attached)I have read on 'Thwack Community' that as IPS requires 'Show Config' command rather than 'Show run' that is why we might have to change the template - which I don't know how to. However, I tried adding the command 'show config' under activity options (snapshot attached) but still no luck. Would appreciate your quick response. Junaid

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:01:32 -0500

From: solarwindscommunityteam@communications.solarwinds.com

To: ***786@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - how to add Cisco IPS 4240 in catTools 3.9.0

thwack

how to add Cisco IPS 4240 in catTools 3.9.0

created by subbu.solarwinds in Kiwi CatTools - View the full discussion

Hi 1.You can add the Cisco IPS 4240 devices by using the Add Device wizard in the Devices Type   by selecting the device type as "Generic.Device" and choose the model type as "other"  then add the device.Then run the activity Device.Backup.Running Config from the Activities wizard.2.After running the schedule backups for every  devices, Cat tools by default has  a separate folder  /cattools3/Dated Configs to maintain the history of config files created with Date wise.It will be helpful to the userto view the daily backups created.Can you please try the above steps and get back to me with the results. Regardssubbu

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on thwack

Start a new discussion in Kiwi CatTools by email or at thwack