Using command line.
Want to upload (to my computer / plant network) files from a Fanuc robot. The Fanuc robot stores teach pendent files and others files in directories on the robot's internal hard drive.
Using "get=*.*" will not work just as the help files indicate. Alternate would be to use syncronization.
My question is how to use syncoption command. The text in the help files are confusing as to which syncoption=1 or syncoption=0 writes to the local hard drive and does not write to the remote hard drive.
It is critical I get it right or I will wipe out the files on a robot and cause massive down time. Once I figure it out then it's no problem, copy paste in batch file. (not time to experiment on first time I try it !)
I will be reading all files from the robot and storing into an empty directory on the computer / network as a backup device. The only time I will write to the robot(s) is when I need to restore a robot on an individual basis like after a power failure and a dead battery in the robot. I will be writing a batch file with the task of backing up several hundred robots with several hundred files per robot.
(1) Is the syncronization method the best way ? ie: ftp-voyager can only do 100 timed tasks, I need to have the batch file create and move to new directories under a folder for each robot, and capture all the files.
(2) How does the syncoption command work ie :
- syncoptions: The syncoptions flag specifies how a Synchronization will take place. To determine what value should be used, refer to the list at the bottom of this page. The value here must be a decimal representation of the sum of all applicable hex values. The simplest ones are syncoptions=0 (synchronize a remote folder to a local folder) and syncoptions=1 (synchronize a local folder to a remote folder)
- Synchronize a remote directory to a local directory: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile=YourProfileName autosync=1 syncoptions=1 local=C:\dat\ remote=/dat/ autoquit=1
- Synchronize a local directory to a remote directory: "C:\Program Files\RhinoSoft\FTP Voyager\FTPVoyager.exe" profile=YourProfileName autosync=1 syncoptions=0 local=C:\dat\ remote=/dat/ autoquit=1
The question is which one of these is right ?