4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 3:25 AM by pigeon

DtaStor WARNING: When trying to deploy a custom package.

pigeon

I've created a package to just deploy a single file to 2 different locations. I've tried using robocopy and xcopy as the copy mechanism but i get this same error when the PC tries to download the package.

So here's the details.

I'm deploying file 'mms.cfg' which is used to manage Flash settings.

I'm placing the file into both C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folders

1st attempt:

• put xcopy.exe (64bit) in as the Selected Package.
      • add the command line switches i need for the xcopy to work.
      • add the second xcopy command to the package helper screen
      • add mms.cfg to the package

2nd attempt:

• deleted the first attempt completely and created a new 2nd attempt
      • put robocopy.exe (64bit) in as the Selected Package.
      • add the command line switches i need for the robocopy to work.
      • add the second robocopy (32bit) command to the package helper screen
      • add mms.cfg to the package

Both attempts resulted in this error

2013-03-15 13:33:10:066 1020 870 DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL http://pmserver:8530/Content/6C/36B9DADFAFC7008F0D9F3E0A34C8DD791056726C.cab for file Nrna36/HAI8Nnz4KNMjdeRBWcmw= when file has not been previously added to the datastore

Any assist greatly appreciated.

PS. If there's a better way of doing this please feel free to advise.

• Re: DtaStor WARNING: When trying to deploy a custom package.
          jbaits

This may or may not fix your problem but is probably a better way to go about what you're trying to do. I generally don't find it a good idea to include exes that already exist on the target system within the package especially as the primary "installer". Instead you should either use a dummy exe that just waits a second then proceeds to any commands in package boot or compress the files you need to copy into a self extracting archive which you then use as the main package and run your copy commands from package boot after it completes. I have several packages set up using a dummy executable and haven't had any problems with that method.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: DtaStor WARNING: When trying to deploy a custom package.
            Andrew M

I found it much simpler to do this in group policy.

• First, copy the mms.cfg file to the NETLOGON folder on your DC
            • Create a new group policy object in Group Policy Management
            • Under Computer Configuration/Preferences/Windows Settings, open the Files node. Add a new file using the Replace action. Specify the source in the NETLOGON folder and the destination path on the client computer. Repeat for the SysWOW64 destination folder and close the editor
            • Under the Scope tab of the GPO confirm that the Security filtering includes the computer accounts that should apply the GPO. This should be Authenticated Users by default, which includes all domain computers, but you can change it if necessary.
            • Link the GPO to the OU that contains the computer objects that should receive the file

[Edited to provide more complete instructions]