2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 3:07 PM by smartd

Import AD Group with AlertCentral user as member (And keep AD groups in Sync)

smartd

I'm trying to import my existing mail distribution groups.  I had our helpdesk add my AlertCentral mailbox to these groups to pick up their email.  Now I'm trying to import these groups, but I get an error on the alertcentral user, and import stops.  I'd prefer to get a warning either Skip or Abort via a dialog.  (Since I want to skip)

I wouldn't be trying to import more AD groups if I could nest AlertCentral groups inside of groups. Additionally, I'd like groups that are imported from AD to be able to be locked from modification and have periodic synchronization with AD.

My vision is that you would have AC groups which would be an Email distribution group.  These AC groups could be made up with one or more Active Directory groups, Alert Central groups, and possibly some individual users.  The AD groups would be locked from modification, and kept in sync with the domain controllers so new or removed group members would be automatically updated.

-=Dan=-

• Re: Import AD Group with AlertCentral user as member (And keep AD groups in Sync)
          jeffness

One problem I see with this already from the group synchronization is each user still needs to validate their email address as I added an AD group and triggered an alert to the group and it only went to one user which had validated their email. So potentially new users would need to know to validate their email. I haven't looked at it much, but hopefully there is an obvious field (like validated) in the users list to see who hasn't validate and try to get AlertCentral to resend the validation email.

• Re: Import AD Group with AlertCentral user as member (And keep AD groups in Sync)
              smartd

Agree.  I think validation should be monitored by a process in AC.  You tell AC how often to check for validation, and it nags the user for the update.  I evaluated an alert system some time ago, and you could also set it to require periodic review and re-validation of all addresses.  This made sure that ALL the addresses and user information were up-to-date.  I think the default was quarterly.

The user screen needs to have a column showing Unverified, Partial, or Fully verified.

-=Dan=-