8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 11:07 AM by orionfan

Report Scheduler account rights

orionfan

Hi,

We are trying to run a job using Reports Scheduler, and when we run the job under a specific AD account, we do not receive the expected information.  We are attempting to email a utilization chart and what we are receiving is the following in the email:

User name:

[          ]

Enter domain\username or username@domain for windows accounts

User name is required.

[          ]

Login

Enable Javascript to login

The account we are attempting to run these reports under is an AD account (I'll call it orion for this discussion) that is only a member of the AD\Domain Users group.  I discovered that if I use this account and then view the job in Task Scheduler, I get the message "The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with" for the tasks below:

ServerRoleUsageCollector

ServerRoleCollector-RunOnce

ServerCeipAssistant

SvcRestartTask

If I change this job to use an account that is a domain admin, then it works.   I have also tried running this job with this orion account as a local admin, and that does not work.  I've also gone into Local Security Policy\User Rights Assignment and have given this account "Log on as a batch job".

The server we are running this is on is W2k8 Standard R2.  NPM is 10.3.1.

• Re: Report Scheduler account rights
          bsciencefiction.tv

We run the scheduled task with a local admin or with the local service successfully.  We run the report portion with a Local Solarwinds Account.  This works for us.  So I would not think permissions is your issue.  However, your scenario would lean the troubleshooting that direction on the initial level.  Have Schedule reports ever worked for you?

orionfan

I was told that this has worked before, I've only been here for three months.  I haven't been able to find out when they stopped being received.

I did have a ticket open with Solarwinds and they thought it is UAC related.  I haven't had a chance to turn that off yet since to disable that it requires a reboot.  And I don't think it is UAC since it works with a different account.  I would expect UAC to impact any account that was used, not just a single account.

Leon Adato

One thing to verify (in the actual Windows task manager) is that the "run when the user is not logged in" is checked. Otherwise it won't run unless you are RDP'd to the server as that user.

What we do is set up the job as "us" and then go into Windows Scheduler and change the owner to the local system account (and again, make sure that checkbox is ticked).

NOTE:

When you go to edit the job, even though Windows will complain about rights, you can hit cancel and your changes will be saved.

At least that's been my experience (as recently as this morning)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                orionfan

I was able to get the reports to run using the local System account. However, when I go into Windows Task Scheduler, I am still receiving the messages about the task image being corrupt.

"The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with" for the tasks below:

ServerRoleUsageCollector

ServerRoleCollector-RunOnce

ServerCeipAssistant

SvcRestartTask