6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 3:11 AM by rdil

Weekly Tasks - Advanced Options

rdil

Hello all,

Just recently upgraded to the newest version of FTP voyager. Was wondering if someone can assist me in using to set the weekly tasks up as the 'Advanced options' seems to have vanished and I need the weekly tasks to be executed at certain periods i.e. Every MWF I need to run a task every 30 mins from  0500 to 1330. Can't seem to find in the options to cater for this? Is there a workaround for this? or am I being silly and just missed a setting?

thank you in advance

Mark

• Re: Weekly Tasks - Advanced Options
          macnugetz

Mark,

You can schedule tasks by launching the FTP Voyager Scheduler from the Voyager entry in the Start Menu.  This should populate a system tray icon which you right click on and select Start Management Console.  From the Management Console you can create your scheduled tasks.

HTH,

Craig

rdil

Hi Craig,

Thank yiu for d reply.I have all d tasks already configured but was wondering how would you set the following up:

Tasks-Sample

To run evry Mon, Wed, thurs

Every 10 mins between 9:00 Am till 13:00 ?

Using the above sample, Ive only managed to do once but dont know how to do  recurrance every 10 mins..

Hope thus makes sense.

Thanks,

macnugetz

Thanks for clarifying.  You are correct; your specific use case isn't currently supported.  Theoretically you could create individual tasks for each explicit time interval comprising your desired recurrences, but that would get pretty ugly and you're going to quickly hit Voyager's task limit (100).

We are tracking your specific use cases as feature requests, although there are currently no time frames as to when we would potentially implement.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you,

Craig

rdil

Hi Craig,

Sorry to ask, but this feature was available though from the previous version, so why would this be taken out? Unless this was missed out on the upgrade?

Is the task limit 100 absolute? or dependent per machine? Also is there likely going to be a 64bit version as well?

Many thanks,

Mark

macnugetz

The task limit is absolute.  While there are a good number of improvements in v16, there are some parity gaps with the previous version and this is one of them.  No plans for a 64-bit version.  Again, sorry for the big bucket of 'no' on these.

If you still have your license key for the previous version of Voyager that you were using then you should still be able to use that if 16 isn't working out for you.

-Craig

rdil

Hi Craig,

Decided to revert in the end. The feature I was asking though was available on the previous version, so just wondering why this functionality was removed?

Thanks again.