3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 1:36 PM by typhoon87

Test Environment??

dkovanda

What is everyone using as a Test Environment currently?

We were told by Customer service to use an eval license in a separate instance, but that only affords us one user and no real way to test all of the functionality.

We are trying to get Customer Service to split off 5 of our existing licenses so that we can have a proper test environment, but they are saying that's not standard practice. We can't be the only people trying to build a test environment so I'm looking for creative ideas how to go about implementing.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Dave

• Re: Test Environment??
          oiram

I think 1 tech free license would be sufficient to run any test environment, except of course if you trying to run real-time load-driven performance tests. Other than that should be fine.

mattoz

We have the same issue.  We currently have to rebuild a test environment with eval licenses each time we want to add a feature (such as testing NCM, which we are about to do).  I think that customers with unlimited licensing should be granted a second, limited license (such as 10 nodes), for testing purposes.

For us this is not just a lab... our Change Mgmt process requires full documentation and technical review of any proposed change.

typhoon87

I am looking for information to this as well. At this point after talking with their support it seems like I need to purchase a license with a few users. I am going with 3 for our test environment, they did discount the licenses some.

It would be nice if they included a couple of user license for a test/dev instance. Mainly to test upgrades and workflow changes before going to the public server.