This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Test Environment??

What is everyone using as a Test Environment currently?

We were told by Customer service to use an eval license in a separate instance, but that only affords us one user and no real way to test all of the functionality.

We are trying to get Customer Service to split off 5 of our existing licenses so that we can have a proper test environment, but they are saying that's not standard practice. We can't be the only people trying to build a test environment so I'm looking for creative ideas how to go about implementing.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Dave

• I think 1 tech free license would be sufficient to run any test environment, except of course if you trying to run real-time load-driven performance tests. Other than that should be fine.

• We have the same issue.  We currently have to rebuild a test environment with eval licenses each time we want to add a feature (such as testing NCM, which we are about to do).  I think that customers with unlimited licensing should be granted a second, limited license (such as 10 nodes), for testing purposes.

For us this is not just a lab... our Change Mgmt process requires full documentation and technical review of any proposed change.

• I am looking for information to this as well. At this point after talking with their support it seems like I need to purchase a license with a few users. I am going with 3 for our test environment, they did discount the licenses some.

It would be nice if they included a couple of user license for a test/dev instance. Mainly to test upgrades and workflow changes before going to the public server.