This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPMon 10 Reporting Service Temporary File

Hi,

I am newbie of IPmon 10, we currently esperiencing increase file size of virtual.temp (This file is located inside installation directory) until its take up all the free space of the installation directory. I have search around google and thwack, but I cant find the usage of this file. Is there anyone know what is the usage of this file, and experience the same problem as well?

• Hi,

One weird thing I have found out with the our IPMON, the rptsvr_runtime.log lass access was few days ago (more than 10 days). Its just showing reporting service started and connected to monitoring service.

As what I understand from manual/administrator guide, this log file should be keep track of all reports generated. When I try to generate the system status report, the rptsvr_runtime.log does not increase in file size (no new content being added) but virual.temp file.

• Hi,

I found the problem and solution applied already. Thanks anyway.

Problem and solutions:

In IPMON 10, exist the unsupported paramater : reporting.historic.enable (Global Behavior Modifier). By remove the behavior modifier, and restart the ipmon report server service, the file no longer generated.

• Hi,

After let the report server running for a day, the file generated again. Please assist.

• Hi zen.if,

For the moment, we track this as a bug (230999) and are working on reproducing this.

As a workaround I recommend you to regularly remove the file (e.g. on a daily basis).

Thanks,

Peter