1 of 1 people found this helpful
There are no plans to change the core product offering being free.
We're taking customer direction to heart for this one. We're hoping to release relatively frequently in the short term, especially compared to other SolarWinds products. I'll put up a What We're Working On post in the Product Blog at some point here, but the highlights:
In the shortest term, our code heroes (they surely aren't code monkeys) are working on:
- Supportability enhancements that will help improve your and our ability to troubleshoot issues
- Resolving lingering beta issues that we didn't pin down in time for release
- Keeping their eyes (and superhero gadgets) on the forum for new issues that need to be quickly resolved
- Recording some videos and adding documentation to remove confusion in confusing areas
On our short list for a follow-up release includes:
- Clearing up some confusion with validation (providing an option to re-send validation, manually validate, view validated users) (multiple discussion threads on this, including Email Validation should be optional)
- Finding a way to support SMS and paging without too much complexity and just enough functionality (Support for paging/SMS directly (bypassing email))
- Offering an option to limit visibility of alerts on a per-group basis so everyone doesn't always see everything (Ability to limit visibility of alerts on a per-group basis)
- Adding an in-product upgrade reminder/notification so you know when a new version is available
- Adding more handy help tips
Other items include:
- Support for Exchange natively without using POP/IMAP (Support for MAPI/RPC Email (email from Exchange without IMAP/POP))
- Continuing to improve the process for creating of new sources/rules/policies - e.g. using a "sample" alert from Orion/email to help at rule creation time, not just testing
- Providing more notification options, like routing alerts to multiple groups, or allowing a carbon copy (Few things I would like to see added to Alert Central)
- Customizable templates and more "description" areas (related ideas include:Ability to customize additional Orion properties that appear in email notifications, Ability to add a note to the validation email(s), Add a description/notes area to groups, Allow comments/notes in calendar entries, Groups – Additional information, More Details in Alert UI.)
- Some kind of true mobile app for push notification to smartphones, and/or integration with Mobile Admin
Disclaimer: This is by no means a promise to deliver on these features in the next release, just what's on our minds right now - we might change our minds, usually based on your feedback, so keep it coming! Keep voting, keep commenting, and keep it real.
Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Some nice ideas in there. Particularly the manual validation! Given I am importing from AD I really don't see why the user should have to vaildate the email address since we know it's valid. All the validation does is give a user a way to avoid the alerts!
One think I would love to see, but which I fear may be pushing my luck a little too far, would be to have some sort of resource available in the core Orion product. At the moment my summary page has a resource showing all the active alerts. As I would like to move all the alert handling to Alert Central it would be nice if I could replace that resource with one generated by AC. Also means one less web page that users would need to have open if they can see their alerts from a page they should be keeping an eye on anyway!
I'm also hoping that "escalation to a management group" (or similar) is included in the "Providing more notification options"
While I realize it isn't exactly what you are looking for you could always create a link to AC in Orion on the menu bar and have it open within Orion as an iFrame. This would make it feel a bit less like a separate site.
Sent from my iPhone
would love to hear and understand more about the resource in the Orion core product you are looking for. Might you have time for a "show me how you use it" session to show us your current AC installation and walk us through some of your ideas? I could schedule an hour with you any time at your convenience. If you might be interested please email me at email@example.com so we can set up an hour long GTM.
I am just now implementing Solarwinds NPM+. I am at the crossroads of how I am going to handle alerts. We use What's Up Gold paired with Netcool and HP Service Manager now.
I like what I see in AC so far, but I am having trouble with some parts.
I couldn't get it to work with Lotus Notes, our corporate email system. I posted a question to Thwack and tried working with our local Notes support but didn't get quick results.
I gave up on Notes and tried using a Linux mail system set up for use with Netcool. That's working now, so far ...
Next I got hung up trying to integrate with AD. I have no trouble tying into AD with the Orion Web Console. I've posted on the forum and got some feedback, but I am still not working. Debugging this has been difficult. Having AC as a virtual appliance distro has made it harder for me to diagnose. I posted a feature request asking for a Windows dist, but I doubt it will receive much support. Folks are (rightly) interested in key features like reporting, alerting flexibility, etc.
So, back to the cross roads. I'd like to make AC part of my environment. The *free* model with forum only support gives me concerns about making this a key part of my production environment.
Any thoughts about how/when any of that might change? Will you be moving to some form of a paid/supported option? Any estimated time frame?
Thanks! I hope my post doesn't seem overly critical. You have done some nice work here and are clearly putting in a bunch of effort! (I guess just like my managers, I too am never satisfied )
Thanks for keeping the information flowing on a product you are offering for free. I also add my vote for simplifying email validation. Something else that would be nice to see on the list is integration with Web Help Desk. We recently purchased it and I will be deploying on 5-31-13. Since all our on call paging will take place through WHD it would be nice if alert responses\updates were also noted in the corresponding WHD ticket.
Would love to talk to you more about WHD integration, simplifying rule validation and other thoughts you have, as well as see how you use AC in your environment. We're doing one hour "show me how you use it" sessions where you and several members of the Alert Central product team get on a GoToMeeting and you show us how you're using it in your environment and talk us through feature requests. IF you're interested, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a session. Thanks!
I've been spreading the word as best I can, but almost every friend I've spoken with is in an Exchange-only environment and cannot support POP/IMAP. The sooner you add MAPI, the sooner you'll get a flood of people/companies using this (what looks to be) excellent software! :-)
During the Alert Central Office Hours chat, we actually had a request for ActiveSync, not just MAPI, which was interesting. But, MAPI is toward the top of our list.
Also, I published the items we talked about here in a general roadmap post: Alert Central Roadmap & What We're Working On