2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 11:09 AM by AndyRoberts

Reports to show available Tengigabit Interfaces only on selected Switches

AndyRoberts

Hi

Is there a way to create a report or a view that allows me to count up how many Tengigabit, Gigabit and Fastethernet interfaces i have available on our switches? Currently it doesn't seem to differentiate on UDT.

i have been given a task to create a report or a view that shows how many Tengigabit interfaces only we have available on a select number of switches. I have been looking around and can't find a way and was wondering if anyone on here knows how to do this?  We have Nexus and 6500 switches.

Hope someone can help?

Here's hoping

Andy

• Re: Reports to show available Tengigabit Interfaces only on selected Switches
          automag928

are you monitoring them all in NPM?  We've got a similar setup with nexus' and 6500s...looking through the UDT_port table, it looks like UDT is showing the speed that the interface is connected at, not the capability, so not sure how accurate that would be for you.  The nexus throws a wrench with all interfaces labeled as Ethernet and at least our speeds are way off.

• Re: Reports to show available Tengigabit Interfaces only on selected Switches
              AndyRoberts

Hi

yes we are monitoring them all through the NPM. I have managed to right a report through the Report Writer to display all tengig connections (by searching for name starts with "te" and "Ethernet1/") that show as Last Seen Never. However some of the interfaces are interlink connections that have physical connections but UDT doesn't pick up any data. I have got around this by searching for interfaces with no description that match that criteria, which is fine as long as we keep the description blank on all unused ports, which doesn't always happen unfortunately.

Its a shame i can't use the Report Writer to report if an interface is inactive as that would work fine. Or have a view that could be edited to be port type specific.