This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Searching IPAM Events

Is there some way to search in the IPAM event logs?

I need to find out who did a change in IPAM last week, I need to search for the user-ID that did the change.

I have not been able to find a web resource that allows me to search like the NPM events.

The IPAM change tracking data is great, but is not useful unless the logs can be searched.

• Opened case # 446802 Created: Searching IPAM event logs

• Reply from Solarwinds Support:

The audit logging is a new feature, so it will still need to be fleshed out. The IP history portion has been in place for quite a bit longer, but it's only ever been from an IP alteration point of view, not from an Orion point. Hopefully the expansion of the audit logging will expand this out much further.

I have submitted this feature request to our development team. They will consider the request, and decide whether it will be implemented.

There is always hope.... <BIG Grin>

• I'm adding a feature request for general IPAM event management - disabling, searching, etc.

• there is a new search engine you may currently see in NPM 11.5 beta. we want to quickly adopt that in IPAM which will give you what you need.

• Thanks Michal,

Will this allow a search by subnet or subnet description/vlan?

Back in the old days when I was using Solarwinds toolset IPAM, each subnet had it's own URL (when results where exported to a web page).

Now this is very basic functionality which is missing from the current day IPAM.

What I'm after is to be able to e-mail a link to someone else which takes them to the subnet page showing the subnet details, not the details of an individual IP in a subnet.

They want to know the details of the subnet (where it is located, what it is used for, default gateway, subnet mask, vlan number, etc.) not the details of an IP in the subnet, which is currently the only linkable URL that I am able to find:

http://Orion-server/Orion/IPAM/search.aspx?q=192.168.255.1

Another way I have used the old IPAM subnet URL link function was to add a static URL link on my Orion maps on clouds, dmzs, sites, etc. which would open the appropriate subnet page in IPAM and list the IP's of all the devices.

It difficult using a product that does have the same functionality as an earlier product I have been using for 10 years.

Will this very basic functionality be implemented?

....you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

• Am I right that it isn't implemented yet? It would be great to search and filter the IPAM events, especially by subnet or user.

• Correct, the functionality doesn't exist.

Jiri

• Tanks for your reply. I bypassed this problem by creating a new sql report with Orion Report Writer, but it's not very comfortable.