This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL Query - Match node name to community string

So I thought I was building a pretty straight-forward report using the report writer.  In the environments that I design, I use an '_' to preface the name name (_ProdFW01) to quickly indicate that I am only collecting stats via ICMP.  I know there are other ways to do it, but the standard is to use SNMP, so I want a quick visual when a node alerts whether there are SNMP performance stats available or not.

I built a report that looks like the screenshot and SQL below.  The idea was to check for node names that contain _ (I tried starts with too, and that failed), AND does not have one of the 4 SNMP strings.  However, every time I run the report I get a mishmash of nodes, some with the _ and no SNMP string, other without the _ and no SNMP.  There doesn't appear to be a method that I can see -- thought it does return a couple of hundred nodes, so it's harder to see the pattern.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Untitled.jpg

Select NodeID, NodeName, IP_Address, Community,  Cast(N_Network As nvarchar(250)) as N_Network From ( SELECT

Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address, Nodes.Community AS Community, Nodes.N_Network AS N_Network

FROM

Nodes

WHERE 

(

(Nodes.Caption LIKE '%_%') AND

(

NOT (Nodes.Community LIKE 'string1%') OR

NOT (Nodes.Community LIKE 'string2%') OR

NOT (Nodes.Community LIKE 'string3%') OR

NOT (Nodes.Community LIKE 'string4%'))

)

) As r ORDER BY 2 ASC, 3 ASC, 5 ASC