2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 7:49 AM by around01

Alerts for Production Server's and Applications Only

around01

I am trying to create an alert for all server's that are in a "Production Group", verify if the node is online for that group and then do another check for Application's that are down.

Can you do a comparsion of Group Name = Production,  Group Status = UP and then Application Status not equal "Down" ?

Thanks

• Re: Alerts for Production Server's and Applications Only
          nicole pauls

As long as all of those fields appear in the alert when it is FIRST generated, yes. You can use any Orion alert property (custom or standard) in the Route to Group rules side of Alert Central. You'd basically build an AND/OR block (AND) that said "Group Name contains Production" AND "Group Status contains UP" AND "Application Status does not contain Down" then "assign the alert to <whatever group>". You could make your default assignment "trash this alert" if you ONLY want to alert on those things - basically it will throw away anything that does not match your conditions.

Let me know if you need more details, I can show you an example.

• Re: Alerts for Production Server's and Applications Only
              around01

Nicole

If you could send an example would be great.  I'm looking at trying to do

a check for an "Page field" and then send out a page .. If the field has a

"no page" then send the message to the log file.

Thanks

Alice Round

IS Operations

419-629-2311 ext. 3439

<solarwindscommunityteam@communications.solarwinds.com>

To:     Alice Round <alice.round@crown.com>,

Date:   03/05/2013 08:28 PM

Subject:        Re: - Alerts for Production Server's and

Applications Only

thwack

Alerts for Production Server's and Applications Only

created by nicole pauls in Alert Central - View the full discussion

As long as all of those fields appear in the alert when it is FIRST

generated, yes. You can use any Orion alert property (custom or standard)

in the Route to Group rules side of Alert Central. You'd basically build

an AND/OR block (AND) that said "Group Name contains Production" AND

"Group Status contains UP" AND "Application Status does not contain Down"

then "assign the alert to ". You could make your default

assignment "trash this alert" if you ONLY want to alert on those things -

basically it will throw away anything that does not match your conditions.

Let me know if you need more details, I can show you an example.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on

thwack

Start a new discussion in Alert Central by email or at thwack