0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 5:24 PM by oceandographer

Trial version/Windows 8/No ICMP option

oceandographer

Hello,

Like the title suggests, I have the trial version running on windows 8 (pro). For some reason, no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get the ICMP functionality to work. Has anyone else encountered this? The option for ICMP is there but it's greyed out. I also get the message that says-

"Some of LANsurveyor's features are unavailable. At launch, Lansurveyor sends an ICMP ping/echo request to itself to test your system's settings. A response was not received.

Therefore, the following features are unavailable:

*Node discovery via ICMP
      *Poll Lists.

The likely cause of this problem:

*You don't have administrator privileges on your network and/or computer.

*You have a personal firewall (such as Microsoft Windows firewall) blocking ICMP requests."

I'm confused though. I get this message while being pretty sure I have administrative rights and even when I turn the MS firewall off completely for all profiles. I also can manually ping the loopback address (127.0.0.1) and get replies to other nodes that I ping, as well being able to ping the PC that Lansurveyor is installed on.

Does the trial version exclude ICMP discovery of nodes on the network, or is this a genuine error that I'm encountering?