7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 9:52 AM by rob.hock

install problem

umlaw

Hello everyone! Please excuse my newb-ness, this is my first time here. I need help understanding Dameware 9. I was given the task of continuing how we remote into users, but I'm running into an issue.

Here's what I'm working with...

6 technician pc's (windows 7 64bit) with Dameware 7.5 installed. All the users we remote into were pre-configured to include Dameware 7.5 mini remote and dll files under windows\syswow64. When we remote in, there's no issue.

We have now upgraded to Dameware 9. I updated my technician pc to the new version, but am noticing that 9 out of 10 users, I can remote in without upgrading the mini remote control. I would like to be able to update the users. Would it be easier to remove previous Mini remote Control dll's from syswow64 of the users pc and copy over Dameware 9 files? Can I still do that or have things changed?

• Re: install problem
          rob.hock

An in-place agent upgrade would probably be the most straightforward. Check out this KB: "How to Install the DMRC Client Agent Service on Multiple Machines at the Same Time" for some tips on agent deployment.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            netoide

For me, using the "File" menu options to remove and install the service has worked the best.

install service.JPG

Just keep in mind that DameWare Mini Remote Control uses pass-through authentication during this process. The user you are running the application with must have the necessary permission in the remote system for this to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                umlaw

That's worked for me a couple times, but for some users, no. What we did here was create a base image that is deployed. The base image has a username with admin rights, that we use for troubleshooting. I've come across that if I do a remove I keep getting a pop that asks for credentials. No matter how many times I put in the credentials, it still keeps popping back to put in credentials. For those systems I've had to walk over to them and re-install Dameware. Lucky for me, it's not a far walk. I'm not sure why that happens. Any ideas?