I hope this helps anyone who is trying to set this up :
1. Install the DameWare Mini Remote Control client application in the machine where Altiris Deployment Solution is installed.
2. Locate the Deployment Solution share folder. (in a default Simple install it is: %ProgramFiles%\ Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server)
3. Edit the file “RemoteControlTools.ini” and append the following 4 lines:
[DameWare Mini Remote Control]
Use the following table as reference:
This is the name that will be displayed in the Console’s “Remote Control” context menu.
DameWare Mini Remote Control
This line must indicate the exact path in the local computer where DameWare Mini Remote Control is installed.
C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Remote Support 9.0\DWRCC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\DameWare Remote Support 9.0\DWRCC.exe
This field allows you to pass application-specific arguments*. Here you can set two variables to pass asset data from the Deployment Solution to DMRC:
-c -h -m%COMPNAME%-u:myUserName -p:myPassword -d:myDomainName
*A full list of arguments available for DameWare Mini Remote Control are available in the following article: http://www.dameware.com/support/kb/article.aspx?ID=30000
Once set, the RemoteControlTools.ini should look something like this:
4. Save the “RemoteControlTools.ini” file and launch Altiris Deployment Solution
5. DameWare will now be available as a custom Remote Control application available in Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution interface. If you decide not to set the –u, -p or –d arguments in the ini file, the credentials will be requested to you when you try to establish the MRC session.