This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

whenever the alert is recovered from critical it is not sending any recovery alert to Orion Web Console ?

Hi,

I am using Orion NPM 10.3.

I am getting critical alerts to the Orion Web Console successfully using Advanced Alerts, but whenever it is recovered from the critical it is not sending any Recovery alert to the Orion Web Console and the critical alert disappeared from the console.

I need to find out where the Recovery Alerts in the web console.

can any one help me.

• Hi gupta,

in case you need to know about recovery from alert (the other way then just check if the alert is still active), you can define reset actions. If you use the action log to NetPerfMon Log, then desired message is sent to events.

resetAction.jpg

• Hi Jan,

Thanks for your quick response.

Is recovery alert information updated in Orion Database ?

Actually i need to get recovery alert information through querying to Orion Database.

• When you use the "Log the Alert to the NetPerfMon Event Log" action, a message will be written to the database. You can query for it through SWIS using the Orion.Events entity.

• can i get these properties(AlertDefID, ObjectType, ActiveObject, State, ObjectName, TriggerTimeStamp) from Orion.AlertStatus entity and properties(AlertDefID, Description, Name) from Orion.AlertDefinitions entity for the recovered Alert using SWIS.

• No, I don't think this will be possible - you can edit the message that gets added to Orion.Events when the alert resets, but we don't have variables defined for all of those properties. Maybe when you see a new alert triggered you can record those properties in some other storage, then when the alert resets you can look in this other storage, compare it with the current contents of Orion.AlertStatus, and infer the reset alerts from what is missing?