11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2013 3:51 AM by ashley.cotter

Columns in Alerts

ashley.cotter

Hello y'all

Just a quick one is there any way to change the "Active Alerts" resource and "Alerts" page columns?

I am able to make changes to the columns in Alert Manager but this is not reflected in Orion.. I have found a discussion much along the same lines as this but there was no response or follow up! now this was back in 2010 so I hope this has been resolved in 10.4

If anyone could advise that would be great.

• Re: Columns in Alerts
          ashley.cotter

Any chance that anyone could respond to this?

Bahlkris

Are you talking about "active alerts" as in the program in the alert manager that runs on the Orion server?  Or are you talking about the resource that you can add to the Orion web interface called "Active Alerts" under the "Alerts - Defined and Triggered Alerts"?

Assuming you are talking about the latter, no I don't believe it can be changed.  However you probably could build your own "Active Alerts" with a "Custom Query" resource which is located under "Miscellaneous - Miscellaneous"

Click edit on the resource and use something like this:

Select AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp, AlertStatus.ObjectName, AlertDefinitions.ObjectType

From Orion.AlertStatus

Join Orion.AlertDefinitions

on AlertStatus.AlertDefID = AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID

Now I am not a SQL guy, or even a SWQL guy.  Normally I would like to have AlertName from AlertDefinitions, but there is something about SWQL and that value, probably the 1024 char limit, that jacks it up.  I haven't spent a ton of time running it down.  But something like above should work.

ashley.cotter

Thats brilliant, I never thought about that...

Thank you very much for the response I will have a look into the Custom Query and get back to you if I need anymore help..

And you're correct the Active Alerts resource that you can add to the Orion interfaces.

Again thank you

ashley.cotter

One more thing chap,

Would you know how I can add the Where Clause in..

For example could I filter the value of a certain Column like..

SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM [dbo].[AlertStatus] Where ObjectType = 'Node'

I would like to filter the SQL query you gave me to show only ObjectType = 'Node'

Any help would be great.

Bahlkris

At first stab I would say no, but I am no expert by any measurement.  I would drop a line in the SDK forum about it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            mndbndr

I don't know if this has been answered already but this has been my experience. First off, you should not need to say TOP 1000 because the custom query editor will ask you how many rows do you want to limit the resource too. Second, I have not gotten * to work, so you need to individually declare each column. This is good practice anyways.

So, to get the query listed at the begining of this thread, you just need to add the WHERE clause like you did. Here is the same SWQL query with the WHERE clause. Note that I added AS to the tables to make the syntax shorter overall.

SELECT a.TriggerTimeStamp, a.ObjectName, b.ObjectType

FROM Orion.AlertStatus AS a

JOIN Orion.AlertDefinitions AS b

ON a.AlertDefID = b.AlertDefID

WHERE b.ObjectType='Node'

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                ashley.cotter

Hello Chap,

Thanks for taking a look at the thread, this is what I decided to use at the end with the help of Bahlkris.

Select AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp, AlertStatus.ObjectName, AlertStatus.ObjectType, AlertStatus.AcknowledgedTime, AlertStatus.Notes

From Orion.AlertStatus

WHERE

(AlertStatus.ObjectType = 'Node')

AND

(AlertStatus.ObjectName Like '[CUSTOMERNAME]%')