4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 10:34 AM by ohionetadmin

Patch Manager v1.85.474 fresh install throwing errors

ohionetadmin

I am new to SolarWinds...

We have an Enterprise license for Patch Manager. I recently installed on a server also running WSUS 3.5 SP2 and SQL 2008. I ran the installation according to the "Quick Start Guide". All went well during the install, even down to the SQL Service Account. Now, when launching the SolarWinds Patch Manager console I get the below message...

After I click "OK" > with in the Patch Manager console "Actions" > "Connect to Application Server"...I verify the server name and IP address are correct. When I click "Resolve" it doesn't change. In the below "Log on to Server" section" I have "As current user" selected (Current user is domain admin, in local admin group and but is NOT the SQL Service Account...I have a separate user for that. Now I click "Connect" and receive the below message...

Now, when I verify the EminentWare Data Grid Server Service was started. SO, I stop and restart and retry...same results as described above. I verify the SQL Service Account is correct and even retype the user and password in the service...verifies successfully.

Any thoughts from the client portal would be greatly appreciated.