5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 4:53 PM by kellytice Branched from an earlier discussion.

Remove old Patch Manager catalog

Andrew M

Is there any way to remove the EminentWare catalog from the catalog list?

• Re: Remove old Patch Manager catalog
          Andrew M

Following the rename of the EminentWare Update Catalog to SolarWinds Update Catalog, I now have both catalogs in my Third Party subscription list. This is confusing since most of the package names are identical.

I also have catalogs for Dell and HP that I don't use. Is there any way to remove or hide the old EminetWare catalog and these other unused catalogs?

Lawrence Garvin

You can remove Third-Party catalogs from the system entirely, by deleting them from the "Other Catalogs" tab. However, because we pre-populate those catalog definitions in the EWFEED.CAB, if you re-run the Third Party Updates Configuration Wizard, it will re-add those catalogs to the configuration, and you'll have to delete them again.

I have an inquiry into the Development group as to how to remove the legacy reference to the "EminentWare" catalog. It's no longer defined in hte EWFEED.CAB, which leads me to believe that it's been persisted in the database.

Andrew M

So are you saying that if I delete the 3rd party catalogs from the Other Catalogs tab, they will be removed from the subscription list, and they won't return even after I run the sync, but they will be repopulated the next time I run the wizard?

I'll stay tuned to hear what you learn from the Development group on the legacy catalog.

itsupport@hollandbpw.com

As an extension to original question, can old updates be removed/blocked from catalogs and only update used content and newer? For example, we only use Java 8, so all the listings for Jave 5,6 and 7 are chattel in that catalog and reappear after removal on synchronization.