This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM and Interface Utilization

Hello,

I was looking to find out if there is a way to create a rule within LEM for Network Utilization...in this case it would be say when an interface is above 80%.  I know that we can do this in our Orion NPM/NTA, but can this be done in LEM...if not, does anyone know how to move this data from Orion into LEM?

Thanks,

STGRUL

• I spoke with Technical Support and this is not possible.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to stg_scada

Best way to move data from Orion to LEM is via a SNMP Trap, though. If you configure an Orion alert that can post an SNMP Trap to LEM when this occurs, you can use LEM to alert on it (or correlate with other behavior, or just store it so you could search back on it later).

LEM can really only alert on counts of logs, not volume of what's contained in them (i.e. we don't parse traffic counters or use flow data for volume, just look at how many events are occurring).