This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Information Service using self signed certificate

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'm tryig to use the New-WebServiceProxy cmdlet to connect to the information service on 17778. It seems to connect, but the cert if self signed and not trusted. I added the cert to the trusted root certificate authorities but it still fails.

The certificate is issued to "SolarWinds-Orion" and since the cert isn't issued to "orion1" either by short name or FQDN, it is untrusted. I'm not really sure how to reissue a proper cert to the Information Service. I supposed I could trick it by creating a DNS entry for SolarWinds-Orion that resolves to the server, but there should be a nicer way of getting this to work.

New-WebServiceProxy -Uri 'orion1:17778/.../InformationService'

New-WebServiceProxy : The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS

secure channel.

At line:1 char:10

+ $Orion = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri 'https://orion1:17778/SolarWi ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (orion.c...ionService) [New-WebServiceProxy], WebExcept

ion

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewWebServiceProxy