1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2013 9:11 PM by tdanner

Orion SDK Powershell and Windows 8

lfcowart

I registered the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll on my system, but when I went to add the snapin, I get this error:

Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

Add-PSSnapin : No snap-ins have been registered for Windows PowerShell version 3.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (SwisSnapin:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

Is there some trickery I need to do to get this to work with the newest version of powershell? I assume I would get this error on Windows 7 if I upgraded the WMF to verison 3.0 also but I haven't tested that.

• Re: Orion SDK Powershell and Windows 8
          tdanner

I bet this is a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. You can run powershell as a 32-bit process or a 64-bit process, but the snapin registries for these two modes are separate. If you registered SwisPowerShell.dll using the 32-bit version of installutil.exe, it will only be accessible in a 32-bit PowerShell process. Did you register using both C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe and C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe?