This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to import Event Groups that were exported from the same device

Working on some BC tasks and found that I'm unable to import Event Groups and User Defined Groups that I exported from the same LEM 5.5.

I exported the rules from the device and deleted the items.  Restarted the LEM and then tried to import the items back into the LEM.  I see the import file selection windows and I'm able to browse and select the file, but after clicking open nothing happens.  I have been able to import rules and filters.  Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Do the original groups still exist, or were they removed between import/export? (Export -> Delete -> Import, or Export -> Import without deleting?)

I believe you should be able to import/export on the SAME appliance, but I'll double check. I know we have an issue importing/exporting ACROSS appliances right now that we're digging into.

• No, because of the BC testing, the rules were deleted (Export -> Delete -> Import)

Please keep us updated on what you find in the double-check.  Also, is there a KB or something on the issue of importing/exporting across applications?  In a version of a BC drill, we'd need to rebuild the appliance between the export and the import.