This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IIS 7.5 W3C Log Collection

I'm having trouble collecting W3C logs from a server running IIS 7.5 (using Lem 5.5 with all the latest updates). The FAST reader starts, but I never collects any actual logs. If I look on the server itself the logs are being written just fine, and I have the correct path in the collector settings. Is IIS 7.5 just not supported yet (I'm using the IIS 7.0 W3C collector on server 2008 r2)?, lem  Thanks!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

A couple of things to try:

1. If you're using daily rotation, wait until the next day is triggered to see if LEM picks up the NE W log file automatically. (Since this was posted 2 days ago, you'd know this by now. emoticons_wink.png)
    2. Try restarting IIS, if you can (maybe on a test server) and see if it'll pick up after the restart.
    3. Try restarting the connector manually from Manage > Nodes, Gear > Connectors (or Tools in 5.4 and earlier)
    4. Make sure that s-computername is enabled in the logging (under site properties, in the same place as where you enable logging). You may need to restart IIS and/or the connector.
    5. Try adding all fields to the logging (in site properties). You may need to restart IIS and/or the connector.

If one of those works, let me know which one. If none of them work, let me know and we'll keep digging.

• Number 4 seemed to do the trick. Thanks!!

• Thanks! #4 worked for me too!

• Did either of you have to restart IIS as part of step no.4 to get the logging to work?